MPG Sport Affiliate Program
At MPG Sport, we strongly believe that our success is tied to the success of our affiliates. Because of this belief, we treat our affiliates with as much care as we treat our customers. Highlights of our affiliate program are:
- Up to 10% commission on all sales
- 30 day cookie—You get credit for any orders within 30 days of the original click placed by the customer
- Average order size of nearly $75
- Product datafeed so that you can feature MPG Sport products directly from your website
- Exclusive monthly newsletter with special promotions, content, and codes that you can adapt for your own marketing efforts
- General Program Questions
- Joining & Creating Links
- Commissions, Account Info & Reporting
- MPG Sport Affiliate Terms & Conditions
General Program Questions
What is the MPG Sport Affiliate Program and how does it work?
The Affiliate Program is a service that allows participating websites to earn commission on sales referred to MPG Sport using specially tracked links. We provide you with custom links and banners that you can post on your website. Then when a visitor you've referred to us makes a purchase, we'll keep track and give you a commission on the sale.
Is my website eligible for the Affiliate Program?
We accept almost all types of websites that are relevant to our products and do not contain objectionable or offensive materials. We welcome all applications but reserve the right to refuse membership or revoke a membership at any time at our sole discretion.
Are there any fees?
There are no fees associated with the MPG Sport affiliate program. It is completely free to participate.
Can I become an affiliate if I live outside the United States?
Yes. We accept affiliates from anywhere in the world, as long as ShareASale supports your country of residence. Please keep in mind that all commission payments are currently made in U.S. dollars.
If I have multiple websites, do I need to apply separately for each?
No. You should apply once, list all of your websites on your application and advertise MPG Sport on any of them once you are approved.
What is your commission rate?
We pay up to 10% commission rate.
What is the average order size?
The average order size at MPG Sport is $75.
Is there a minimum annual threshold?
There is no minimum sales level required to remain in the program, but you will not receive a commission check until you earn $50 in commission.
I don't have a website for my business, I don't want to put banners on my website and/or I place orders on behalf of my clients. Can I still be a MPG Sport affiliate?
Yes, it just takes some extra effort. MPG Sport has text links that can be taken from the ShareASale website in the "Links" section, or from our "Getting Started" section in our approval email. Whenever you get an order from a customer that you would like to fulfill with MPG Sport products, copy that text link into your browser and press enter. This will take you to the MPG Sport website through ShareASale’s routing system and you'll get credit for the sale.
Will you provide extra support for high-traffic websites?
Yes. Contact us we will always be happy to help you with your affiliate efforts.
Do I receive any discounts on MPG Sport products since I'm an affiliate?
No. However, we recommend you purchase your orders through your own links so you can earn commission on the sales. You are also free to utilize any of the coupon codes advertized on our website or in printed marketing collateral.
Can I use images from MPG Sport on my websites?
All of the content on the MPG Sport website is protected by copyright. You may use images and content from our websites in the promotion of our products on your own website, however all images must be attributed and/or used in conjunction with the sale of the product through the affiliate programs. The images cannot be used in the general design of your website. If you have a special circumstance that requires the use of any photos, product images or content in a manner that is not consistent with the policy stated above, please contact us for written approval prior to the content's use.
I do not know some of the terminology used here. Where can I learn more?
Check out our General Affiliate Marketing for Beginners Overview for definitions and answers to basic questions.
Does MPG Sport have a dedicated program manager to contact for more questions?
Yes, we are committed to making our affiliates successful and our program manager is available to help. Please see our Contact section for support.
Joining & Creating Links
How do I sign up?
You must first become a member of the ShareASale Affiliate Network, which is our third-party program administrator. You can join both our program and the ShareASale network in one step at www.MPGSport.com/affiliate-program. Please note that your application will be approved faster if you use an email address that matches the website in your profile (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org and www.website.com). This helps prove that you own the domain listed on your profile.
How do I know if my application has been received or if I have been accepted into the affiliate program?
If your application has been submitted correctly, you should receive a confirmation email from ShareASale. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder. Otherwise, you might not have finished the process correctly and you should resubmit your application. Once approved, you will receive a welcome email from the affiliate manager.
How do I create links to MPG Sport?
When you add a banner or link to your website, it will be tagged with your unique ShareASale ID. The easiest way to create links is to visit the MPG Sport ShareASale Affiliate Page once you've been approved. There, you can browse through the different categories of text and banner links, or make a custom link to any page on the website.
To create a banner link, please log in to ShareASale's affiliate gateway and navigate to the "Get Links" area. Next, click on "Get a Link/Banner," find MPG Sport and click "Get Links" below our company name. You can also visit the MPG Sport affiliate page directly here http://www.shareasale.com/a-getmerchantcode.cfm?merchantID=65207. There you can browse through the different Text Links, Banners, and Datafeed Products and get the corresponding HTML code. When you add that text link, banner or product to your website, it will be tagged with your unique affiliate ID.
Am I obligated to place a certain number of links on my website?
There is neither a minimum nor any limit. We encourage you to use as many as necessary and appropriate to improve click-through and conversion rates. We have found that a creative banner along with a text link or MPG Sport logo improves effectiveness.
What if I already know HTML and need some advanced help linking?
We are happy to help you with any additional questions you may have. Just contact us for more information.
Commissions, Account Info & Reporting
How does the affiliate program know when I should receive credit for an order?
ShareASale tracks a cookie that is automatically applied to the computer of a person who clicks on a banner or text link that has your affiliate ID number embedded within it. Each banner or link that you create is specifically tagged with your ShareASale ID number, letting us know that you deserve commission on the sales you send our way. You can access all of these banners and links by logging in your ShareASale Account and choosing from any of the banners or simple text links available.
These links can be used from any website, put directly into a browser or emailed out in the case of text links. You can test a link by copying and pasting it into your browser. If you are directed to the MPG Sport website, the link is working. Do not copy and paste a landing page url from our website (i.e. www.MPGSport.com?SSAID=123456) and confuse it for an affiliate link, since it will not track properly. All affiliate links begin with http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfmB=…
When and how do I get paid?
ShareASale will pay your monthly commission by either check or direct deposit around the 22nd of the following month. Your account needs to have a balance of $50 or more before the end of the month in order to receive a payment. Otherwise, it will continue to roll forward into the next month until the $50 minimum is reached and we can issue a payment.
What sales and revenue reports does ShareASale provide?
Each transaction is logged on ShareASale servers and is available for review in detail. ShareASale will provide real-time tracking of your clicks, sales and commission. Please do not contact MPG Sport for this information, since we cannot access your account. Use the links below to find some of the most useful reports, but please note that these links will only work if you are an approved affiliate.
Daily Traffic & Commission Report →
Order & Sales History →
Total Commission Earned →
What if I forgot my ShareASale account password?
If you've forgotten your ShareASale password, please click here to have your password sent to your email address.
Because your ShareASale account is private, we do not have control over or access to this information. If you have any other issues with your ShareASale account, please contact the ShareASale support team.
If a visitor comes to our websites from your website but does not purchase on that visit, you can still earn commission on sales from that customer if they return and make a purchase within 30 days. This works even if they navigate directly to the website on a return visit as long as they haven't deleted their cookies.
Do I earn commission credits if someone clicks on a product on my site and then buys a different product?
Yes. You will receive full credit for any product that is purchased by a customer who clicks on your affiliate link across www.mpgsport.com.
MPG Sport Affiliate Terms & Conditions
Please read our affiliate terms and conditions carefully before you join our program or begin marketing our program. These terms and conditions are written in plain language intentionally avoiding legalese to ensure that they may be clearly understood and followed by affiliates. Each Affiliate is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions. Affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change. Thank you.
As used in these terms and conditions: (i) “We”, “us”, or “our” refers to MPG Sport and our website; (ii) “you” or “your” refers to the Affiliate; (iii) “our website” refers to the MPG Sport properties located at www.MPGSport.com; (iv) “your website” refers to any websites that you will link to our website; (v) “Program” refers to the MPG Sport Affiliate Program.
After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. Please allow up to 48 hours for your application to be reviewed. We reserve the right to reject any application, however we encourage you to contact us if you feel we have made an incorrect decision. Including all of the websites that you use in your profile will help us make a better decision.
Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website. This includes toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions and add-ons.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
Upon acceptance into the Program, links will be made available to you through the affiliate interface. Your acceptance in our program means you agree to and abide by the following.
- You will only use linking code obtained from the affiliate interface without manipulation.
- All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
- Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
MID-CHECKOUT COMMISSION REDUCTION & OVERWRITE RULE
MPG Sport uses a dynamic pixel system that may make changes to the standard commission in the case of a mid-checkout referral, which is defined as a cookie that is set within a set amount of time prior to the purchase. By reducing our commission on these types of referrals and by closely monitoring the quality of traffic we receive from each affiliate, we will be able to pay out higher commissions for driving new customers and traffic. This logic also gives full credit to the first referring affiliate in the case that a second affiliate enters within a set amount of time prior to the purchase. Mid-checkout commission and overwrite rules are subject to change.
TRANSACTION LOCK DATES
All sales will remain in a “sales pending period” and will not lock until 30 days following the date of the transaction. All payments will be processed by ShareASale on the 20th of the month following the lock date.
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms (which are identified below), including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content based campaigns on Google, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook or any other network.
- You may not use our trademarked terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. MPG Sport Coupons).
- You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display url.
- You may not direct link to our website from any Pay Per Click ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliate links must be directed to an actual page on your website.
- You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than MPG Sport for any search term in position 1-5 in any auction style pay-per-click advertising program
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your program and we strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding. You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days and your commission will be set to 0% without warning if you engage in PPC trademark bidding that uses our trademarked terms.
Trademarked Terms: MPG Sport, MPGSport.com, Mondetta Performance Gear, MPG Clothing, MPG Mondetta Performance Gear
If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
- You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the affiliate program.
- Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (ie first time customers only) will result in removal from the program.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
- You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the affiliate click by revealing the code(s).
- You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from any non-affiliate marketing channel, including coupon codes from our email, paid search or any other non-affiliate advertising campaigns.
- You may NOT give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem. For example, if all items on the site have free shipping over $100, you may not turn this into an offer that infers that the customer must click from your site to get this deal.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders.
COUPON ATTRIBUTION & AUTHENTICATION
Affiliates whose primary business is posting coupons, who are viewed by the program as being a coupon site, and/or who are tagged as coupon in our system, may not be paid commissions for sales generated without a corresponding valid coupon code. Valid codes are defined as codes that are made available to the affiliate channel in general, through newsletters or the Deals Database in ShareASale, and directly or privately to affiliates. Coupon codes that are not real, expired, not specific (i.e up to 40% off sale items) or are long-term sitewide offers that do not require a code may not considered valid codes and the affiliate will not be given commission on these orders.
Promoting MPG Sport through a sub-affiliate network is permitted, however you must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from your sub-affiliates originated. Sub-affiliate networks must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting the MPG Sport program adhere to our program terms and conditions. This includes restrictions on advertising through toolbars, browser extensions, and through any paid placements such as a pay-per-click campaigns. Sub-affiliate networks must also receive approval prior to allowing any type of coupon sub-affiliate to promote the MPG Sport program. Failure to comply with our sub-affiliate network terms may result in a loss and/or reduction of commission from sales made through any sub-affiliate that does not comply with our program terms.
Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited i.e. MPGSport.website.com or www.MPGSport-coupons.com
ADVERTISING & PUBLICITY
You shall not create, publish, distribute, or print any written material that makes reference to our Program without first submitting that material to us and receiving our prior written consent. If you intend to promote our Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Program.
- E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of MPG Sport.
- E-mails must first be submitted to us for approval prior to being sent or we must be sent a copy of the e-mail.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example: You may post, “25% off sale at MPG Sport through Wednesday with code MPGSport25.”
- You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on MPG Sport’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with MPG Sport’s trademarked company name.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes MPG Sport’s trademark in the page name and/or username.
OPERATIONS OUTSIDE UNITED STATES
If you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in other countries, you will follow the laws of those countries. For example, you will comply with the European Union’s Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive if you are conducting business in or taking orders from persons in one or more of the European Union countries.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY
MPG Sport takes pride in its very low reversal rate, which we attribute to open communication with our affiliates. However, we reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions. Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts to contact with information listed in your network profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our program with clear and demonstrable proof.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
You must include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement. If you received the product for free from us or from the affiliate management team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
Disclosures should be placed above the fold; scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure. (e.g. disclosure should be visible before the jump).
Pop-up, hover state and button disclosures are prohibited.
Disclosure policy applies to all social media, even when space is restricted (e.g., tweets)
Disclosures should be made in the same medium as the claim (e.g. video, text)
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC's "Dot Com Disclosures" Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf (example 21) and the FTC's Endorsement Guidelines at http://business.ftc.gov/advertising-and-marketing/endorsements If you engage in so called “native advertising”, you further agree to comply with the FTC’s Enforcement Policy Statement on Deceptively Formatted Advertisements at https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/896923/151222deceptiveenforcement.pdf and the related guidelines.
PROHIBITION AGAINST SOLICITATION FOR RESIDENT AFFILIATES IN SELECT STATES
Due to local state tax laws, we unfortunately are not accepting affiliates residing in Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, and Washington. If at any time following your enrollment in the Program you become a resident of Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, or Washington you will become ineligible to participate in the Program and your participation in the Program will automatically terminate, on the date you establish residency in that State. In addition, you must promptly notify us in writing of your Arkansas, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, or Washington residency, which you may do via the ShareASale.com affiliate website.
© 2016 MPG Sport & Acceleration Partners LLC
Contact Our Affiliate Manager
Our affiliate manager will be happy to answer any of your questions about joining or being part of our program. Please note that if you did not receive a confirmation e-mail from ShareASale when you applied for the program, your application may not have been completed properly and/or the email might be in your spam email folder. Please email our Affiliate Manager at MPGSport@accelerationpartners.com